- In an emergency always call triple zero 000.
- If you have been threatened or are fearful for yourself, a child or a family member – call triple zero 000.
- For urgent matters, we recommend Lifeline, which offers crisis support 24 hours a day. Call Lifeline: 13 11 14
MCM office hours
While we aim to support every person who gets in touch, we are only available to take calls during our office hours which are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
If you are under 25 years old:
- Frontyard between on 03 9977 0077 Monday to Friday between 9am to 5pm.
If you are over 25 years old and/or families:
- Free call DHHS on 1800 825 955 for 24 hour homelessness assistance.
- For your nearest crisis centre visit the Getting help page on the DHHS website.
More information on housing assistance.
Family violence assistance
- If you, a friend or family member is in immediate threat – call triple 000
- If you or someone you know is experiencing or afraid of family and domestic violence, you can get help from the Safe Steps Family Violence Response Centre. The service will assess your safety needs. They will then arrange emergency or crisis accommodation if needed or link you with a local family violence support service. The service will assess your safety needs. They will then arrange emergency or crisis accommodation if needed or link you with a local family violence support service.
Call the 24/7 family violence response line on 1800 015 188 (free call, 24 hours).
A support worker will reply to you as soon as possible.
Live Web Chat:
Connect with a family violence specialist online Mon-Fri, 9am – 12 midnight.
All other enquiries
Please see the full list of our office locations and contact details. Alternatively, fill in our enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.