- A combined model of short-term accommodation and positive behaviour support for children aged 6-18 years.
- We work with each child individually to ensure their goals and specific needs are met.
- We work to understand young people, communicate with them and build their capacity for positive behaviour.
B Street is a four-bedroom, short-term accommodation, with behaviour support for 6-18 year olds, living with a disability. Stays can be over two nights, either weekly or fortnightly, depending on your NDIS Plan. We are open:
- 3pm–9am Monday to Friday
- 24 hours a day during weekends and school holidays
- Closed Christmas eve, Christmas day, Boxing day and Good Friday through to Easter Monday.
Our Behaviour Support Services
Our team of qualified and experienced psychologists, together with our specially trained disability support staff, will work with you to design specific programs to best suit your child. We will engage education staff and family members to complete a thorough and sensitive assessment (Functional Behaviour Assessment) of your child, and then formulate a Behaviour Support Plan based on the outcomes of that assessment, which will include intervention strategies and timelines that include:
- Improving communication skills
- Finding ways to regulate emotions and encourage replacement behaviours
- Using social stories
- Communication aids
- Tracking behaviours and trend analysis.
One-to-one skill development
We provide programs tailored to the child/young person's skills, goals and interests. Through social activities we encourage the exploration of the local community, building confidence and a sense of self.
Who can access this service?
NDIS participants aged 6 to 18 years of age with the following types of funding in their plans can access this service:
- Assistance with daily life
- Improved relationships
- Assistance with social and community participation
What we do
- Support children to develop new skills and behaviours, increase independence, develop positive interpersonal relationships.
- Develop an understanding of the reasons underlying the child/young person’s behaviour and learn how to understand their communication patterns.
- Support the use of positive behaviour support strategies at home, school and in the wider community.
- Provide a shared care model that works with caregivers and allied health professionals to achieve set goals.
- Supervise interaction with peers in an accommodation and community setting.
- Develop parents’ skills to respond to their child/young person’s behaviours whilst supporting them to maintain full time care at home.
We work with each child/young person individually to ensure their specific goals are met, and we keep in touch so that each family feels part of our community. We will:
- develop a Goal Achievement Plan (including NDIS Goals)
- provide nine-month progress reports against Goal Achievement Plan
- share quarterly newsletters
- hold quarterly family meetings.
We also provide Behaviour Support Specialist training to those allocated it as part of their NDIS plan.
Get in touch
Contact our friendly Customer Service Team to find out more about how B Street Positive Behaviour Services can assist you. Call us on 1800 343 287 or send us an enquiry below.