- A combined model of short-term accommodation and positive behaviour support for children aged 6-18 years.
- We work with each child individually to ensure their goals and specific needs are met.
- We work to understand young people, communicate with them and build their capacity for positive behaviour.
Supporting your child to thrive
B Street is a four-bedroom, purpose built, overnight accommodation service, designed to help your young person to thrive. Stays can be over one or two nights, either weekly or fortnightly, with options for more frequent stays also available. We are open:
- 3pm–9am Monday to Friday
- 24 hours per day over weekends in school term
- 24/7 during school holidays and public holidays excluding Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Who can access this service?
NDIS participants aged 6 to 18 years of age can use the NDIS line items Core Supports and Capability Building Supports to access this service. As this is a combined model of short-term accommodation and behaviour support services, participants will be required to use the services of MCM’s Behaviour Support Team as part of the service.
What we do
- Develop an understanding of the reasons underlying the child’s behaviour and learn how to understand their communication patterns.
- Support children to develop new skills and behaviours, increase independence, and develop positive interpersonal relationships.
- Support the use of positive behaviour support strategies at home, school and in the wider community.
- Provide a shared care model that works with caregivers and allied health professionals to achieve set goals.
- Supervise interaction with peers in an accommodation and community setting.
- Develop parents’ skills to respond to their child’s behaviours whilst supporting them to maintain full-time care at home.
Behaviour Support Services
Our team of qualified and experienced psychologists, together with our specially trained disability support staff, will work with you to design specific interventions to best suit your child. We will engage education staff and family members to complete a thorough and sensitive assessment (Functional Behaviour Assessment) of your child, and then formulate a Behaviour Support Plan based on the outcomes of that assessment, which will include intervention strategies and timelines that include:
- Improving communication skills
- Finding ways to regulate emotions and encourage replacement behaviours
- Using social stories
- Communication aids
- Tracking behaviours and trend analysis.
We work closely with each family to ensure the specific needs of each child are met, and we keep in touch so that you feel part of our community. We also offer each family:
- Goal Achievement Plan (including NDIS Goals)
- Four-month and nine-month progress reports against Goal Achievement Plan
- Quarterly newsletter
- Quarterly family meetings including training provided by MCM Behaviour Support Specialist.
Get in touch
Contact our friendly Customer Service Team to find out more about how B Street Positive Behaviour Services can assist you. Call us on 1800 343 287 or send us an enquiry below.