- Early Childhood Intervention when and where you choose.
- Telehealth from the comfort of your own home and at a time that suits you and your family.
- Available throughout Victoria.
Are you ready to grow your child's potential?
Accessing quality therapy and group services is no longer a barrier thanks to technology and smart devices. MCM can help you access early childhood intervention through our telehealth services while eliminating wait times and removing travel cost. Telehealth protects our health and safety during COVID-19.
Talk to us today about how you can avail or transition to this service.
What is telehealth?
Telehealth is used with a child and their family or carer to deliver supports virtually. We are able to provide services either to individual children or to small groups of children. Our approach delivers therapy and also coaching for parents/caregivers.
How can it work for me?
There are many ways you can engage in telehealth. We can tailor a program just for you. Here are some examples:
- Conversations with you about your child’s goals and what you would like to achieve
- Coaching strategies to use at home during routine times such as sleeping, eating, toileting
- Direct therapy to target skills, such as following instructions, writing your name, joining in conversations, managing emotions and behaviour
- Liaising with your child’s education settings to help them transfer skills to all environments.
Will I get a report to take to my NDIS review?
Yes, reports can be completed related to supports and therapy that have occurred during the last plan
What equipment will I need?
- Sessions work best on a larger screened device such as a tablet, iPad or laptop
- Telehealth can be provided over the phone should the goals be focused on coaching and building parent/carer capacity or involve liaison with the child’s wider network such as other therapists or their education setting
- The NDIS have released information about accesses devices for telehealth should you not have anything suitable see https://www.ndis.gov.au/media/2369/download
Is it recorded?
- No, sessions will not be recorded
- Should a recording be deemed useful for therapy progress it will be discussed with yourself prior to the session e.g. recording of a specific strategy or recording of your child’s speech to help feedback
What does it cost?
MCM follows the NDIS price guide
How long does a session last?
- Sessions typically last 1 hour with notes either written during or after the session (15 minutes). 15 minutes preparation time is added to each session.
What if it doesn’t work for me?
- Telehealth doesn’t work for everyone.
- Telehealth is the best option for your child to receive the supports they need during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- If you do not want to engage in telehealth, we are happy to keep your child on the waitlist for when face to face services recommence.
Can other people in my household participate?
- Most definitely. Anyone who is significant in the child’s life can participate if they are a support not a distraction.
What if my child walks away from the screen?
- It’s OK. The key worker / therapist will try to work with you to bring the child back to the screen and keep them engaged.
- Telehealth is not appropriate for all children and we will work with you to see what works best
What if my child doesn’t stay on task?
- It’s OK. Your child may need a brain break or 1-hour sessions maybe too long for them.
- Your key worker / therapist will work with you to see what works best
Do I need to be with my child during the session?
Most of the time, so you can learn new skills with your child.
What if there are resources I need?
- Some sessions may require more than just yourself, the child and the digital device
- Your key worker and/or therapist will let you know if other resources are required and try to work with what you have available at home
- If a paper or visual resource is recommended we do have the capacity to create these resources and have them delivered to your home, using our friendly therapy assistant.