- Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy and Early Childhood Intervention support through Telepractice from the comfort of your home.
- Eliminate wait times and reduce travel costs.
- Available throughout Victoria for children aged from birth to 7 years.
- iPads/tablet available through your NDIS Plan for Telepractice services.
Online Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy and Early Childhood Intervention via Telepractice
Accessing quality occupational therapy, speech pathology services and group services is no longer a barrier thanks to technology and smart devices.
MCM can help you access early childhood intervention through our telepractice services while eliminating wait times and removing travel cost. Telepractice protects our health and safety during COVID-19.
Talk to us today about how you can avail or transition to this service.
Get in touch
What is telepractice?
Telepractice is used with a child and their family or carer to deliver supports virtually. We are able to provide services either to individual children or to small groups of children. Our approach delivers therapy and also coaching for parents/caregivers.
How can telepractice work for me?
There are many ways you can engage in telepractice. We can tailor a program just for you. Here are some examples:
- Conversations with you about your child’s goals and what you would like to achieve
- Coaching strategies to use at home during routine times such as sleeping, eating, toileting
- Direct therapy to target skills, such as following instructions, writing your name, joining in conversations, managing emotions and behaviour
- Liaising with your child’s education settings to help them transfer skills to all environments.
FAQs about ECIS Telepractice Services
Yes, reports can be completed related to supports and therapy that have occurred during the last plan.
- Sessions work best on a larger screened device such as a tablet, iPad or laptop. See next paragraph on how devices can be purchased through your NDIS Plan for Telepractice services.
- Telepractice can be provided over the phone should the goals be focused on coaching and building parent/carer capacity or involve liaison with the child’s wider network such as other therapists or their education setting.
Yes, once the device is necessary for the continuation of your services and you don’t already own such a device.
In the case of computer tablets or iPads for telehealth or participating in online video classes, the NDIA advice is that most NDIS participants will not need more than a standard tablet, which costs no more than $600.
Further information on the purchasing of such devices can be found here https://www.ndis.gov.au/media/4518/download?attachment
- No, sessions will not be recorded.
- Should a recording be deemed useful for therapy progress it will be discussed with yourself prior to the session e.g. recording of a specific strategy or recording of your child’s speech to help feedback.
- Sessions typically last 1 hour with notes either written during or after the session (15 minutes). 15 minutes preparation time is added to each session.
- Telepractice doesn’t work for everyone.
- Telepractice is the best option for your child to receive the supports they need during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- If you do not want to engage in telepractice, we are happy to keep your child on the waitlist for when face to face services recommence.
- Most definitely. Anyone who is significant in the child’s life can participate if they are a support not a distraction.
- It’s OK. The key worker / therapist will try to work with you to bring the child back to the screen and keep them engaged.
- Telepractice is not appropriate for all children and we will work with you to see what works best.
- It’s OK. Your child may need a brain break or 1-hour sessions maybe too long for them.
- Your key worker / therapist will work with you to see what works best.
Most of the time, so you can learn new skills with your child.
- Some sessions may require more than just yourself, the child and the digital device
- Your key worker and/or therapist will let you know if other resources are required and try to work with what you have available at home
- If a paper or visual resource is recommended we have the capacity to create these resources and post to your home.
Get in touch
Contact our friendly Customer Service Team to find out more about how we can assist you. Call us on 1800 343 287 or send us an enquiry below.