- We support young people leaving out-of-home care to gain long-term education and employment.
- Support is available for people 16 to 21 years of age.
Springboard is part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to improving life outcomes for young people currently in or leaving residential and lead tenant out-of-home care. It assists young people to engage with their education, training and employment future.
Delivered through a case management approach, Springboard is offered in partnership with Mission Australia and Salvation Army Crossroads.
We provide support for young people who are:
- aged between 16 to 21 years
- currently or have been under a custody or guardianship order at 16 to 18 years
- currently or have been in residential care and/or a lead tenant program
- disengaged from education, training and employment
Where do we provide support?
We support young people in the following local government areas:
- City of Yarra
- City of Darebin
- City of Banyule
- City of Nillumbik
- City of Whittlesea
- City of Hume
- City of Moreland
How to access Springboard
- Call our intake worker on 03 8486 2159 to discuss eligibility.
- Complete the below referral form and send to our team.
- Once a referral has been received, we will contact the referring agency/person to discuss the application and make an appointment to meet the young person.
Note: Referrals can come from any of the following services:
- leaving care providers
- child protection workers
- young people themselves
- family members or friends
- education and training providers
- community organisations
Call us on 0436 403 377 or send us an email Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Postal address: Springboard, P.O Box 1315 North Fitzroy, VIC 3068