Skip to content
Group of young children from different ethnic backgrounds playing together with their female teacher

Info for families

No Jab No Play — vaccinations for your child

Since 2016, laws in Victoria state that your child must be fully vaccinated in order to enrol in a child care or kindergarten centre.

To enrol your child in an early childhood education and care service you must provide evidence of immunisation.

As part of the Victorian Government legislation, we need evidence that your child is:

  • fully immunised for their age, or
  • on a recognised vaccination catch-up program, or
  • unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons.

Conscientious objection is not an exemption to the legislation.

An immunisation status certificate is needed to enrol your child in our services

An Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) is required as evidence.

You can obtain an ACIR Immunisation History Statement:

  • online through your MyGov Medicare
  • by visiting your local Medicare or Centrelink service centre
  • by calling the ACIR on 1800 653 809

For further information please visit the Better Health website.

Maternal and Child Health Service

To make an appointment to see a Maternal Child Health Nurse, please contact Maribyrnong City Council on 03 9217 2365.

Back to top