Volunteer & Make a Meaningful Difference - Bowling Group
- Volunteers are recruited to promote social support/friendship within a program for people with mild to moderate disabilities.
- Two Volunteers will facilitate a bowling group, with 6 participants.
- 2 to 3 hours a month encourages friendships and social inclusion.
- The 10 pin bowling group will be held at Wyncity Bowling in Keon Park/Thomastown
We are pleased to advise that the Melbourne City Mission Community Friend Program (CFP) is recruiting Volunteers to facilitate a Bowling Group for 2022 in Melbourne’s North. CFP supports adult participants (18-64 years old), who are living with a mild disability or mental health issue.
The bowling group will have around 6 participants living with a mild to moderate disability and/or mental health issue. This includes physical, intellectual, psychiatric, sensory disability, acquired brain injury, and mental health.
This group will meet up every 3rd Sunday of the month at Wyncity Keon Park Bowling (formally Known as Zone Bowling in Keon Park). The group has been running for a few years, and the participants would love it to continue with committed Volunteers.
We do not require specific qualifications. The qualities we look for in volunteers are:
- A commitment to the Community Friend Program and the participants (of at least 12 months)
- Maturity and reliability
- Effective communications and social skills
- The ability to be a good role model
- The ability to focus on the needs of others
- The ability to seek advice as appropriate
- An understanding of the importance of social connections and friendship
Once you have contacted CFP to express your interest, an application will be sent to complete and return, then we can meet on Zoom or in person for an induction/interview to get to know a little more about you and chat more about the program, and volunteers will apply for an NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Benefits can include:
- Continual support from CFP coordinators via phone, email and in person
- Training through programs or specific requirements
- Up skill / work experience or learning new skills
- Opportunity to act on your values, passions, and interests
- Making new friendships and creating professional networks
- Enjoying new social and cultural experiences
- Invitations Mid-year and end of year gatherings, or one-off events
- AccessEAP - entitled to 6 free and confidential counselling sessions annually. AccessEAP is a nationwide EAP provider that offers you or your family access to free and confidential face-to-face, video conference or phone counselling sessions at a time and place of your choosing.
- Invites to Melbourne City Mission events/Zoom sessions
- CFP quarterly Newsletters
- Being a part of a wonderfully cultured Program, full of inclusion and diversity
Could you see yourself becoming a part of CFP..?
Feel free to get in contact with us to find out more….!
For further information, please get in touch by email firstname.lastname@example.org