Skip to content
Two young girls playing on a slide

Info for families


  • Early childhood intervention and maternal child health services are located on-site.
  • Inform yourself about the No Jab No Play immunisation laws.
  • Find out about services offered by the City of Merri-bek.

Enquire now

Specialised additional support available on-site

Melbourne City Mission’s early childhood intervention specialists and maternal and child health nurses from the City of Merri-bek are co-located at Early Years Hub Hartnett House.

This allows us to provide families with access to additional supports and services.

Our Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS) team provide specialist support and advice for children with disability or developmental delay and their families.

No Jab No Play

In January 2016, the Victorian State Government introduced new laws around vaccination. All children now need to be fully vaccinated to be enrolled in a child care or kindergarten service.

To enrol your child in an early childhood education and care service you must provide evidence that they have been vaccinated.

As part of the Victorian Government ‘No Jab, No Play’ laws, we require evidence that your child is:

  • fully immunised for their age, or
  • on a recognised vaccination catch-up program, or
  • unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons.

Conscientious objection is not considered an exemption.

We require an immunisation status certificate to enrol your child in our services.

An Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) is needed as evidence.

You can obtain this history statement:

  • online through your MyGov Medicare
  • by visiting your local Medicare or Centrelink service centre
  • by calling the ACIR on 1800 653 809

For further information, please visit No Jab No Play on the Better Health website.

Information and resources

Central child care registration

Hartnett House participates in the City of Merri-bek Central Registration Service for child care, which enables you to register your interest for multiple local services in the area.

To find out more about the Central Registration Service visit the City of Merri-bek website.

You are also welcome to contact us directly regarding enrolment.

Government Child Care Subsidy

Your family may be eligible for support from the Federal Government Child Care Subsidy (CCS).

For more information visit the Department of Human Services.

Enquire now

Back to top