Volunteer & Make a Meaningful Difference - Social Group
- Volunteers are recruited to promote social support/friendship within a program for people with mild to moderate disability.
- Two Volunteers will facilitate a social group, with 6 participants.
- 2 to 3 hours a fortnight encourages friendships and social inclusion.
- This social group currently meets at agreed locations around Reservoir.
We are pleased to advise that the Melbourne City Mission Community Friend Program (CFP) is recruiting Volunteers to facilitate a Social Group for 2022 in in Melbourne’s North (Reservoir). CFP supports adult participants (18-64 years old), who are living with a mild to moderate disability and/or mental health issue. This includes physical, intellectual, psychiatric, sensory disability, acquired brain injury, and mental health.
The social group will have around 6 participants and 2 volunteers.
This group will meet up on a Saturday or Sunday of every month (day yet to be confirmed) at an agreed location, in Reservoir.
CFP currently run 5 other groups, through North/West suburbs.
If you have a love for fun, hold enthusiasm for participant engagement and a general care to promote participant growth and expression – this is the role for you!
- A commitment to the Community Friend Program and the participants (of at least 12 months)
- Maturity and reliability
- Effective communications and social skills
- The ability to be a good role model
- The ability to focus on the needs of others
- The ability to seek advice as appropriate
- An understanding of the importance of social connections and friendship
Once you have contacted CFP to express your interest, provided proof of three COVID-19 vaccinations and had a chat over the phone, an application will be sent to complete and return. We can meet on Zoom or in person for an induction/interview to get to know a little more about you and chat more about the program, and volunteers will apply for an NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Benefits can include:
- Continual support from CFP coordinators via phone, email and in person
- Training through programs or specific requirements
- Up skill / work experience or learning new skills
- Opportunity to act on your values, passions, and interests
- Making new friendships and creating professional networks
- Enjoying new social and cultural experiences
- Invitations Mid-year and end of year gatherings, or one-off events
- AccessEAP - entitled to 6 free and confidential counselling sessions annually. AccessEAP is a nationwide EAP provider that offers you or your family access to free and confidential face-to-face, video conference or phone counselling sessions at a time and place of your choosing.
- Invites to Melbourne City Mission events/Zoom sessions
- CFP quarterly Newsletters
- Being a part of a wonderfully cultured Program, full of inclusion and diversity
Could you see yourself becoming a part of CFP..?
Feel free to get in contact with us to find out more!
For further information, please get in touch by email email@example.com