Volunteer & Make a Meaningful Difference - Social Group
- Volunteers are recruited to promote social support/friendship within a program for people with mild to moderate disability.
- Two Volunteers will facilitate a social group, with 6 participants.
- 2 to 3 hours a fortnight encourages friendships and social inclusion.
- This social group currently meets at agreed locations around Reservoir.
We are pleased to advise that the Melbourne City Mission Community Friend Program (CFP) is recruiting Volunteers to facilitate a Social Group for 2022 in in Melbourne’s North (Reservoir). CFP supports adult participants (18-64 years old), who are living with a mild to moderate disability and/or mental health issue. This includes physical, intellectual, psychiatric, sensory disability, acquired brain injury, and mental health.
The social group will have around 6 participants and 2 volunteers.
This group will meet up on a Saturday or Sunday of every month (day yet to be confirmed) at an agreed location, in Reservoir.
CFP currently run 5 other groups, through North/West suburbs.
If you have a love for fun, hold enthusiasm for participant engagement and a general care to promote participant growth and expression – this is the role for you!
- A commitment to the Community Friend Program and the participants (of at least 12 months)
- Maturity and reliability
- Effective communications and social skills
- The ability to be a good role model
- The ability to focus on the needs of others
- The ability to seek advice as appropriate
- An understanding of the importance of social connections and friendship
Once you have contacted CFP to express your interest, an application will be sent to complete and return, then we will meet on Zoom for an induction/interview to get to know a little more about you and chat more about the program, and volunteers will apply for an NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Benefits can include:
- Continual support from CFP coordinators via phone, email and in person
- Training through programs or specific requirements
- Up skill / work experience or learning new skills
- Opportunity to act on your values, passions, and interests
- Making new friendships and creating professional networks
- Enjoying new social and cultural experiences
- Invitations Mid-year and end of year gatherings, or one-off events
- AccessEAP - entitled to 6 free and confidential counselling sessions annually. AccessEAP is a nationwide EAP provider that offers you or your family access to free and confidential face-to-face, video conference or phone counselling sessions at a time and place of your choosing.
- Invites to Melbourne City Mission events/Zoom sessions
- CFP quarterly Newsletters
- Being a part of a wonderfully cultured Program, full of inclusion and diversity
Could you see yourself becoming a part of CFP..?
Feel free to get in contact with us to find out more!
For further information, please get in touch by email firstname.lastname@example.org