Skip to content
Some young children play together with their female teacher outside in a sand pit

Info for families


  • Inform yourself about the No Jab, No Play laws.
  • Access our other services.

No Jab No Play

In January 2016, the Victorian State Government introduced legislation regarding vaccination. All children now need to be fully vaccinated to be enrolled in a child care or kindergarten service.

To enrol your child in an early childhood education and care service you must provide evidence of immunisation.

As part of this legislation, we require evidence that your child is:

  • fully immunised for their age, or
  • on a recognised vaccination catch-up program, or
  • unable to be fully immunised for medical reasons.

We require an immunisation status certificate to enrol your child in our services

An Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) is required.

You can obtain an ACIR Immunisation History Statement:

  • online through your MyGov Medicare
  • by visiting your local Medicare or Centrelink service centre
  • by calling the ACIR on 1800 653 809

For further information please visit Better Health.

Access to other services

To make an appointment to see a Maternal Child Health Nurse, please contact Whittlesea Council on 03 9404 8888.

If you would like to access MCM’s Early Childhood Intervention Services, please contact 1800 343 287.

Back to top