Updated 9 April 2020
In-line with directions from the Deputy Chief Health Officer (Communicable Diseases) regarding new laws for care facilities, we are bringing the following changes into effect for our facilities immediately.
- Residents in MCM facilities will now only be allowed to receive one visit from one family member, per day
- Therapists can continue to visit as per NDIS/Treatment plan
- Both staff, contractors, and visitors will be required to fill out a wellness questionnaire (attestation) before being allowed entry to the house
- No one should enter the house if they have a temperature over 37.5 degrees
We will be continuing to monitor signs of illness among the residents and staff.
MCM thanks both our clients and their visitors for their understanding and cooperation.
- MCM's emergency and crisis accommodation and refuge services for people experiencing homelessness are essential services and will continue to operate
- For assistance, if you are under the age of 25 and experiencing homelessness, please contact 1800 800 531
- A number of our case management support programs will move to phone-based services and Skype
- We will continue face-to-face visits and case planning sessions if it is deemed safe to do so