- Be part of an engaging team that thrives on challenges
- Competitive remuneration with salary packaging benefits available
- Ongoing Full time opportunity with flexible work arrangements
About the Opportunity
Frontyard Youth Worker – Initial Assessment and Planning sits within Melbourne City Mission’s Frontyard Youth Services within the Homelessness and Justice Division and plays a key role in supporting the initial intake, assessment and planning systems within the Frontyard Integrated Model. Melbourne Youth Support Service (MYSS) is one of the many integrated services located at Frontyard. MYSS is a state-wide Access Point for young people requiring assistance from the Homelessness Service System.
The youth worker will provide high quality intake services and care coordination to all young people presenting to Frontyard, creating a safe and welcoming space where young people can access the support they need. This will include completing initial assessment and planning, delivering living skills programs and interim support to all young people presenting to Frontyard who are homeless and require holistic support to achieve their goals.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Assist young people to identify their support needs and develop a pathway through the Frontyard Integrated Model utilising Frontyard’s integrated services, Specialist Homelessness Services and other support related programs
- Provide high quality initial assessment and planning services to young people presenting at Frontyard who are experiencing homelessness
- Actively engage early intervention strategies to reconcile young people with their community of origin
- Create an interim response plan with young people to enable a positive and sustainable pathway out of homelessness
- Develop advanced safety planning and crisis interventions to meet the needs of young people presented with multiple and complex needs
Benefits of working with MCM include:
- Inclusive Employer by the Diversity Council of Australia
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits
- Supportive learning and development environment
- Culture of continuous improvement
- A tertiary level degree in Youth Work, Social Work, or a related discipline or extensive experience working in the community services sector
- A thorough understanding of intake, assessment and care planning
- Demonstrated experience actively engaging with young people who are experiencing homelessness or present with multiple and complex needs including mental health and/or alcohol or other drug issues
- Extensive knowledge of the youth homelessness sector and service providers of current trends and issues impacting at risk young people and the resources available to assist them
- Strong ability to actively and assertively engage young people with complex needs
- Extensive knowledge Knowledge of healing-oriented practice
- Knowledge of the legislative requirements when working with at risk young people
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, encompassing verbal, written and ICT
- An understanding of the requirements for ensuring child safety
- National Police check
- Working with Children check and NDIS Worker Screening check or ability to obtain
- Valid Victorian Drivers license
- Right to Work in Australia
- Up to date with COVID-19 Vaccinations or valid medical exemption
Applications for this role close: 31 May 2023, so please apply early. Please include your current resume and cover letter.
Please review the position description to understand more about the role and responsibilities. For assistance with your application please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a leading not for profit, purpose-driven organisation that offers a broad range of services in Early Years, Disability, Homelessness and Family Services, Palliative Care and Education.
Our Commitment to Diversity
At MCM, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity in our workforce enables us to deliver empowering services that are informed by lived experience.
Our commitment to Safety
MCM is committed to the safety of its clients and employees, taking a zero-tolerance approach to violence within the workplace and abuse, including child abuse and abuse of people with disability. All employees are required to comply with the Child Safe Standards.