ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
We are a leading community support organization working alongside people to live the life they aspire to, their way, providing a broad range of support in Homelessness, Disability, Palliative Care, Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS), and Early Years and Education service areas. A career with us means you are part of an organisation making a real difference.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
We deliver high quality Support Coordination and Specialist Support Coordination to people with a disability and their families. Support Coordination aims to build individual capacity to:
· Navigate the NDIS system and educate on what supports can be funded
· Support the participant to achieve their goals
· Link participants into funded and community supports
· Keep track of plan funding whilst empowering participants and families to make decisions in relation to who supports them and how their funding is used
· Ensure cultural awareness and safety for participants
Being a valued member of the support coordination team, you will go above and beyond to strengthen our participants’ abilities to coordinate and implement supports and participate fully in the community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Support Coordinator at MCM, you will assist participants to work towards the identified goals in their NDIS plan by navigating the NDIS service system, making informed decisions and obtaining the resources and support they need and want.
Using an individualised approach, you will plan, develop, and coordinate services for NDIS paricipants by:
· Forming ongoing relationships with your case load of participants by listening, building rapport and trust
· Ensuring participants are aware of their rights and can advocate for what they want and need, this includes, offering choices and empowering participants to make decisions around their supports
· Liaising with internal and external services to maximise participant outcomes
· Supporting, developing, and building capacity in individuals to manage their own supports
· Monitoring and reviewing plans and goals in consultation with participants and their families
· Providing support and assistance as appropriate to relevant others/stakeholders
· Establishing and developing strong relationships with NDIS, community and mainstream supports
· Working with culturally diverse participants in a culturally safe and aware manner
· Working in a trauma informed and with a person-centred approach facilitating choice and control for your participants.
· Report writing and gathering appropriate evidence to advocate for adequate funding that meets your participants needs
· And always putting the participant at the centre of what we do
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Please refer to the position description for the full duties and key selection criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click “Apply” to be redirected to our website and view the position description.
For more details or assistance with application submission please email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Support Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening process as part of the MCM selection process. Appointments to MCM roles will be subject to the following safety screening checks (as applicable to the role): National (and International if applicable) Police Check (which includes Proof of Identity Check), Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Qualification Verification Check, Employment History Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia and current and valid driver licence. All costs associated with safety checks (except National Police Check) will be at applicants’ expense. MCM employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 consistent with the Victoria public health orders regarding COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Procedures and applicants will be required to present acceptable proof of their vaccination status as part of their application.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
MCM embraces diversity and encourages applicants from all different backgrounds to apply regardless of age, gender, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation. We recognise the strength and value in diversity, and lived experience, actively fostering an inclusive workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
MCM is committed to the safety of its clients and employees, taking a zero tolerance approach to violence within the workplace and abuse, including child abuse and abuse of people with disability. All employees are required to comply with the Child Safe Standards.