About the Opportunity
We deliver high quality support coordination and specialist support coordination to people with a disability and their families. Support Coordination aims to build individual capacity to:
- Navigate the NDIS system and educate on what supports can be funded
- Support the participant to achieve their goals
- Link participants into funded and community supports
As a Support Coordinator at MCM, you will assist participants to work towards the identified goals in their NDIS plan by navigating the NDIS service system, making informed decisions and obtaining the resources and support they need and want.
Using an individualised approach, you will plan, develop and coordinate services for NDIS clients by:
- Forming ongoing relationships with your case load of participants by listening, building rapport and trust
- Ensuring participants are aware of their rights and can advocate for what they want and need, this includes, offering choices and empowering participants to make decisions around their supports
- Liaising with internal and external services to maximise participant outcomes
- Supporting, developing, and building capacity in individuals to manage their own supports
We are looking for someone who has:
- The ability to work autonomously and cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Competence in data management concepts and the use of customer management systems to record and maintain client data accurately.
- Strong organisational skills which includes time management, meeting KPI targets in relation to service delivery.
Benefits of working with MCM include:
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits
- Supportive learning and development environment
- Culture of continuous improvement
- Tertiary qualification and/or minimum two years’ experience working in the Community Services sector (Disability, Social work, Mental Health, Housing, Justice would be an advantage).
- Well-developed communication (both oral and written) skills with the ability to prepare reports and correspondence in clear and concise language.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of diversity when working with participants and colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with a range of participants, their families, and their service providers.
- Current Australian driver’s license.
- Satisfactory completion of safety screening including a National Police check, Proof of Identity check, International Police check (if required), a valid Victorian Working with Children Check (Employee),
- National Police check
- Working with Children check and NDIS Worker Screening check or ability to obtain
- Valid Victorian Drivers license
- Right to Work in Australia
- Up to date with COVID-19 Vaccinations or valid medical exemption
- MCM employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applications for this role close: 14 March 2023, so please apply early. Please include your current resume and cover letter.
Please review the position description to understand more about the role and responsibilities. For assistance with your application please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MCM is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to safety. MCM embraces differences because we know that diversity and inclusion help us to attract, recruit, engage and retain talented people.
We are a leading not-for profit-for-purpose organisation that offer a broad range of services in Early Years, Disability, Homelessness, Palliative Care and Education.
Our commitment to Diversity
At MCM, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people.
Our commitment to Safety
MCM is committed to the safety of its clients and employees, taking a zero-tolerance approach to violence within the workplace and abuse, including child abuse and abuse of people with disability. All employees are required to comply with the Child Safe Standards.