- Ongoing full-time position
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging benefits available
- Location: 472 Nicholson St, Fitzroy North
About the role
The Customer Support Officer is the first point of contact for MCM’s disability services and is responsible for managing existing and prospective customers’ enquiries. Some of the regular tasks you would be undertaking include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the first point of contact for referrals for new services and appropriately managing prospective customers’ enquiries.
- Supporting customers through the referral process and delivering appropriate options and offerings by understanding their support needs and applying the principles of participant choice and control.
- Competently assessing referrals to determine service eligibility and appropriately advising customers in a timely manner.
- Providing accurate and timely information to customers, their families and other service providers.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to troubleshoot and resolve issues and where required obtain additional information, to enable appropriate customer service and advice.
- Maintaining current and accurate referrals and customer and support/service delivery information as per service requirements and MCM policies and procedures.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, it is essential you meet the below criteria.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of working with people with disability and their families.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work and communicate effectively with the people we support, families, community agencies and other professionals and to deal with and manage conflict effectively.
- Effective time management and organisation skills to ensure efficient service delivery and prioritisation of work tasks.
- Ability to work through problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, telephony systems and client management and reporting systems.
It’s also desirable if you have:
- Qualifications or experience in Disability or Community Services.
- Knowledge/understanding of NDIS funding an advantage.
Download a position description for the full duties and key selection criteria
How to apply
- Applications should include a current CV and cover letter.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Applications open on 23 August 2021 and close on 30 September 2021.
For more details or assistance with application submission please email: email@example.com
Salary range for the role is $64,299 to $79,810 plus superannuation dependent on experience.
Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening process as part of the MCM selection process. Appointments to MCM roles will be subject to the following safety screening checks (as applicable to the role): National (and International if applicable) Police Check (which includes Proof of Identity Check), Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia and current and valid driver licence. All costs associated with safety checks (except National Police Check) will be at applicants’ expense.