- Full-Time Max Term position available
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging benefits available
About the role
The Community Mental Health Clinician role provide recovery-orientated mental health triage and assessment, therapeutic intervention, case management, and support to young people who display psychological distress and may present with challenging, at risk, and/or suicidal behaviours.
The role is responsible for supporting young people who access or are accommodated at Frontyard and works closely with the Frontyard Integrated Service Model to ensure a coordinated approach across all areas of Frontyard Youth Services.
- Support the mental related needs of young people experiencing homelessness who access the the Frontyard Integrated Service Model
- Assess the needs of young people experiencing homelessness and who access the Frontyard Integrated Service Model and develop and enhance recovery goals with the young person through the provision of plans.
- Maintain accurate documentation and reporting consistent with legislative, ethical and organizational requirements.
- Ensure services are delivered within the framework of MCM’s policies and procedures, legislative requirements, and meet the relevant service standards.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in an allied health discipline, including social work, psychology, mental health nursing and occupational therapy, with membership with the appropriate professional body (i.e AHPRA/AASW)
- Knowledge and experience in the early identification, assessment, treatment and delivery of a range of psychotherapeutic mental health interventions for young people at significant risk.
- Experience in delivery of interventions that range from crisis intervention to long term therapeutic engagement.
- Experience in providing secondary consultation to internal and/or external stakeholders working from different models of care/practice frameworks.
Download a position description for the full duties and key selection criteria
How to apply
- Applications should include a current CV and cover letter. You should also address the key selection criteria.
- If you are a current MCM employee, please submit your application via the myHR job board
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Applications close 4 July 2021 . We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
For more details or assistance with application submission please email: email@example.com
Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening process as part of the MCM selection process. Appointments to MCM roles will be subject to the following safety screening checks (as applicable to the role): National (and International if applicable) Police Check (which includes Proof of Identity Check), Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia and current and valid driver licence. All costs associated with safety checks (except National Police Check) will be at applicants’ expense.