- Ongoing full-time position available
- Flexible hours Monday to Friday
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging benefits available
About the program
Frontyard Youth Services is a specialist youth service providing a range of multidisciplinary programs to disrupting disadvantage and meeting the holistic needs of young people aged between 12 and 25 years who experiencing homelessness. Frontyard aims to support young people to meet their physical, emotional and social needs and to develop pathways out of homelessness.
This role sits within a new team – Community Development and Youth Participation. This team is going to be leading the disruption of disadvantage that young people experience in connecting and participating within their communities.
About the role
To develop, lead and support a disruptive model for young people that creates and strengths strong community and youth participation. Create and support a team of staff that drives consumer access to sustainable employment, developing programs that support community connection and enabling a vibrant youth participation framework.
- Map the sector around employment, education and training and youth participation opportunities and create and drive the Frontyard response to increasing young people’s access.
- Engage potential partners to develop strong relationships ensuring ongoing opportunities for young people’s participation in a range of activities, including employment, volunteer work, further education and recreational opportunities.
- Support the building of Frontyard Integrated Model employee’s knowledge relating to employment pathways specifically in education, employment and training and community participation options.
- Develop policies and procedures for the team as required.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in youth work, community development or social work or related qualification or extensive community sector experience.
- Strong ability to actively and assertively engage young people with complex needs, particularly in an accommodation environment.
- Extensive experience in networking and developing partnerships.
- Passion and demonstrated experience in developing new initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience developing, delivering and reviewing high quality programs and services.
- Extensive knowledge of current trends and issues impacting young people experiencing homelessness and the resources available to assist them.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the Employment, Education and Training sector.
Download a position description for the full duties and key selection criteria
How to apply
- Applications should include a current CV and cover letter and address the key selection criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
- If you are a current MCM employee, please submit your application via the myHR job board
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Applications close date 04 July 2021. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
For more details or assistance with application submission please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening process as part of the MCM selection process. Appointments to MCM roles will be subject to the following safety screening checks (as applicable to the role): National (and International if applicable) Police Check (which includes Proof of Identity Check), Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia and current and valid driver licence. All costs associated with safety checks (except National Police Check) will be at applicants’ expense.