- Maximum term full-time position available
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging benefits available
About the program
We deliver high quality support coordination to people with a disability and their families. Support Coordination aims to build individual capacity to:
- Manage and implement the participant’s plan
- Achieve the outcomes identified in the participant’s plan
- Connect the participant with formal, mainstream and funded supports.
Being a valued member of the support coordination team, you will go above and beyond to strengthen our participants’ abilities to coordinate and implement supports and participate fully in the community.
About the role
As a Support Coordinator at MCM, you will assist participants to work towards the identified goals in their NDIS plan by navigating the NDIS service system, making informed decisions and obtaining the resources and support they need and want.
Using an individualised approach, you will plan, develop and coordinate services for NDIS clients by:
- Liaising with internal and external services to maximise participant outcomes
- Planning, developing and building capacity in individuals to manage their own supports
- Monitoring and reviewing plans and goals in consultation with participants
- Providing support and assistance as appropriate to relevant others/stakeholders
- Establishing and developing strong relationships with NDIS, community and mainstream supports
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification and/or significant experience working in the Community Services sector (Disability, Mental Health, Housing, Justice)
- NDIS awareness, particularly in relation to support coordination and the importance of choice and control for participants
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with a range of participants, their families, and their service providers
- Well-developed communication (both oral and written) skills with the ability to prepare reports and correspondence in clear and concise language.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of diversity when working with participants and colleagues
Download a position description for the full duties and key selection criteria
How to apply
- Applications should include a current CV (no more than 3 pages) and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
- If you are a current MCM employee, please submit your application via the myHR job board
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Applications close date 18 July 2021. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
For more details or assistance with application submission please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening process as part of the MCM selection process. Appointments to MCM roles will be subject to the following safety screening checks (as applicable to the role): National (and International if applicable) Police Check (which includes Proof of Identity Check), Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia and current and valid driver licence. All costs associated with safety checks (except National Police Check) will be at applicants’ expense.