- Maximum Term part-time position available (0.8 FTE)
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging benefits available
About the role
Provide assistance for participants to build capacity and resilience through strong and respectful relationships to support people with psychosocial disability to live a full and contributing life. Recovery coaches will:
- Work collaboratively with participants, families, carers and other services to build capacity.
- Identify, plan, design and coordinate NDIS supports.
- Complete progress reports for the NDIS.
- Connect participants with informal, mainstream, community and funded supports.
Skills and experience
- Minimum of Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work or Certificate IV in Mental Health) or equivalent training; or a minimum two years of experience in mental health-related work.
- Experience and skills to work competently alongside people, families and relevant stakeholders in their local community to build capacity to participate in the community and manage some or all aspects of their plan.
- Well-developed communication (both oral and written) skills with the capacity to prepare and complete reports and case notes in clear and concise language.
- The ability to interpret information from other sources/documents and present information in a manner appropriate to the purpose and audience.
- Experience working with people living with Mental Health.
- Knowledge of the NDIS Act 2013, Disability Act 2006 and other relevant legislation.
- Experience working in a Mental Health/ NDIS environment.
- Flexible to work in the community/ office based/ working from home.
Download a position description for the full duties and key selection criteria
How to apply
- Applications should include a current CV and cover letter.
- If you are a current MCM employee, please submit your application via the myHR job board
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Applications close date 05 March 2021. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
For more details or assistance with application submission please email: email@example.com
Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening process as part of the MCM selection process. Appointments to MCM roles will be subject to the following safety screening checks (as applicable to the role): National (and International if applicable) Police Check (which includes Proof of Identity Check), Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Right to Work in Australia and current and valid driver licence. All costs associated with safety checks (except National Police Check) will be at applicants’ expense.