- Permanent Full-time opportunity
- Contribute to the lives of others
- Competitive remuneration + salary packaging
About the program
Melbourne City Mission (MCM) is a leader and innovator in the provision of services to the community. Established in 1854, Melbourne City Mission is a non-denominational organisation that supports thousands of Victorian people and communities to overcome barriers and disrupt disadvantage to live their life, their way.
The Philanthropic Funding Co-ordinator is an important member of MCM’s Strategy and Engagement team which collaborates with key stakeholders across the organisation to develop and drive MCM’s long-term strategy, enhance its key relationships and build its external profile.
About the role
The Philanthropic Funding Coordinator will assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of philanthropic opportunities from individuals, corporates and trusts and foundations, with an emphasis on trusts and foundations.
Your main duties include:
- Assist the Supporter Engagement Manager, to implement fundraising strategies to optimise income generation from philanthropic sources including individuals, corporate foundations, and philanthropic trusts and foundations
- Work collaboratively with MCM service areas to ensure an understanding of processes, resource requirements and budgets to assist writing and developing funding proposals and applications
- Assist Supporter Engagement Manager to build relationships with current donors and identify opportunities to increase support aligned with MCM’s mission and values
- Provide support in the development of philanthropic campaigns including direct mail, email and social media appeals, as well as funding submissions and proposals.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in the development and writing of philanthropic funding submissions and proposals
- Demonstrated project management skills, including organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, including the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Experience developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships, both external and internal
- Experience using a donor management system, preferably Raiser’s Edge
Download a position description for the full duties and key selection criteria
How to apply
- Applications to be sent via the Apply Now button which opens up an application form on the MCM Website
- Applications should include a current CV and cover letter. You should also address the key selection criteria (if required).
- If you are a current MCM employee, please submit your application via the myHR job board
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Applications close date Wednesday 27 January 2021. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
For more details or assistance with application submission please email: email@example.com
Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening process as part of the MCM selection process. Appointments to MCM roles will be subject to the following safety screening checks (as applicable to the role): National (and International if applicable) Police Check (which includes Proof of Identity Check), Victorian Employee Working with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia and current and valid driver licence. All costs associated with safety checks (except National Police Check) will be at applicants’ expense.