- Casual position available
- Competitive remuneration package with salary packaging benefits available
About the role
Working as a member of an interdisciplinary team and in collaboration with external health professionals, the Palliative Care registered nurse will provide palliative care to MCMPC clients in accordance with the, values, policies and procedures of Melbourne City Mission Palliative Care, and within the philosophy and organisational values of Melbourne City Mission.
- Screen clients, carers and families for clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs, focusing on strengths and challenges, social supports, financial and legal concerns
- Plan and coordinate services (with other agencies or disciplines) relating to end of life care with all clients and carers
- Deliver a high standard of care regardless of clients’ or colleagues’ differing values, beliefs, culture and social context.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 4 years’ postgraduate work experience
- Palliative care, Oncology, Haematology, Gerontology experience desirable.
- Demonstrated high level of skill in clinical decision-making
- Ability to work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team setting
- Sensitivity to people living with a terminal condition and those who are dying or bereaved
Download a position description for the full duties and key
How to apply
- Applications to be sent via the Apply Now button
which opens up an application form on the MCM Website
- Applications should include a current CV and
cover letter. You should also address the key selection criteria (if required).
- If you are a current MCM employee, please submit
your application via the myHR job board
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are
encouraged to apply.
- Applications close date 05 February 2021. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing
For more details or assistance with
application submission please email: email@example.com
Applicants will be
required to undergo a pre-employment safety screening process as part of the
MCM selection process. Appointments to MCM roles will be subject to the
following safety screening checks (as applicable to the role): National (and
International if applicable) Police Check (which includes Proof of Identity
Check), Corrections Victoria Security Screening, Victorian Employee Working
with Children Check, Right to Work in Australia and current and valid driver
licence. All costs associated with safety checks (except National Police Check)
will be at applicants’ expense.